The Federal Direct Loan Program provides low-value interest rate loans
(subsidized or unsubsidized), straight through the Department of Education, to undergraduate and graduate/professional pupils. Eligibility is set making use of information supplied in the complimentary Application for Federal scholar help (FAFSA) and never on such basis as credit or financial obligation to earnings ratio.
Pupils enrolled at half-time that is least within an qualified system of research, whom:
- Have actually finished the complimentary Application for Federal scholar help (FAFSA)
- Are U.S. Citizens or non-citizens that are eligible
- Aren’t in standard on any federal loans that are educational
- Never have currently lent significantly more than the aggregate federal direct loan restriction with their system
- Fulfilling Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)